Well, it’s been a long time coming. The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has gone through many major changes over the course of the beta period and your help has been instrumental. Today, we end our open beta and officially launch The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot.
Loot-O-Meter With the Loot-O-Meter (available in every good Castle Attack pop-up menu), you will be able to take advantage of friendly castles that have, out of the goodness of their heart, placed lots and lots of Rare Creatures or Traps. The more Rare creatures/traps, the higher the Loot-O-Meter will be and thus the better the loot in that castle will be. It works in a similar way as the Magical Find magical property in that it increases the likelihood of finding Magical/Exceptional/Legendary or Epic loot.
Creature boosts timer
Boosted creatures now display their status over their heads. It will be possible to remove the icon by clicking it.
Icy Pops isn't here to complain about his sciatica and yell at the orderlies. No, he's going to give you whippersnappers an old-timey, cold whuppin' and collect his pension check on Thursday, like always.
Remember, Icy Pops’ iceberg will be floating by for this week only! Those of you (including Infinite Pack owners) who want to take advantage of this rare item should grab it now.
For this pack we've decided to revamp Durrrr , and introduced his cooler version, Icy Pops. It's still a two phases fight but you'll discover new skills and patterns.
Phase 1 skills : Regular Melee attack Knockback Melee attack 3 Missiles Shockwave. Phase 2 skills : 6 Missiles Shockwave. Rock / Snowball shower. Healing potion.
Limited quantities (2) available to craft.
With the introduction of the launch of The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot, the Mage will no longer be free at the hero selection.
The Knight is free this week!
This week, the Knight is available for free from Thursday 12h00pm until the beginning of next week. The same conditions as usual apply to get a discount on its cost in Blings:
Reach level 5: 50 Blings discount Reach level 10: 150 Blings discount Reach level 12: 350 Blings discount Reach level 15: 650 Blings discount
If you wish to try the Mage, he will replace the Knight next week!
New Player ExperienceEdit
We've done a bunch of changes to the New Player Experience (the tutorials) which should not affect the vast majority of the current players. Basically, if you've been challenged (Hero level 4 or more) by Snottingham, don't worry, nothing has changed for you. However, if you placed your first gold mine but hadn't been challenged yet, you will have to redo the tutorial. We apologize, however, we believe the new experience will be more enjoyable and should help you understand mechanics better. The main reason for this re-work is to help with the flow of information and highlight some features that might have been not clear enough in the past. We really wanted to improve the first contact new players had with the game and we strongly believe we created a more enjoyable experience than before.
We improved the Infinite Pack based on the community's feedback!
- Increased Cleave's damage to 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 multiplier.
- The league pop-up has been improved to showcase how King you are when you login.
- The damage value on the tooltip of several creatures has been modified to reflect the actual damage done.
- Skelethor's tooltip information is now consistent with his actual strength.
- The icon for the trap power requirement has been added on the tooltip.
- Feedback has been improved when trying to add defenses that exceeds the defense limit.
- All bosses have had their HP balanced to reflect Baron Snarleybone.
- Health Stolen magic property now has a 1 second internal cooldown to prevent massive healing gains from AoE abilities.
- Health Stolen magic property now only triggers against creatures.
- All pets now run faster to keep up with their masters.
- Castle Heart upgrades will now display the amount of extra defenses available.
- A pop-up message will now be displayed when trying to launch an attack with no potions equipped.
- A debuff icon has been added when taking damage from the caustic carpet.
- The requirements for the machineries in the Cornelius Emporium have been improved to be less confusing.
- The attack pop-up has been improved. The information should be easier to read.
- The level icon for the hero and the castle have been improved and unified.
- Improved feedback on hero inventory hero stats and items (mainly weight)
- Before/After values in Hero Inventory when holding alt over an item
- Introduction of weapon abilities in the tooltip.
- New defense tab icon
- Revised icons for defense rating
- New icon for rooms
- New icon to display when your items have finished to upgrade in the Blacksmith.
Bug Fixes Edit
- Resolved an issue where a crash would occur when doing a purchase from the Cornelius Emporium from the defense mode.
- Resolved an issue where the word "gold" would be replaced with "?????" when collecting gold during attacks.
- Resolved an issue where it was possible for same clan members to loot each other during test attacks.
- Resolved an issue where the game could not be launched due to some soundcards.
- Resolved an issue where the boss's sound would not play on the second encounter if you left the attack during the first encounter.
- Resolved an issue where the text "Alerted Creatures" below the mini-map was no longer displayed when leaving the totem area.
- Resolved an issue where the number of items available to upgrade was displaying the same number as the reforge number.
- Resolved an issue where traps were still doing damage to bosses.
- Resolved an issue where corrosive effects did not properly reduce armor.
- Resolved an issue where it was possible to upgrade your buildings while not meeting the level requirements.
- Resolved an issue where the acid cannon did not damage barricades.
- Resolved an issue where potions, dyes and boosts tooltips in the Buy Back section displayed incorrect numbers.
- Resolved an issue where a network error was displayed when selecting a hero.
- Resolved an issue where contents from "Defense" tab in the Cornelius Emporium could disappear.
- Resolved multiple crashes related to drag & drop handling function.
- Resolved multiple random crashes.